My family loved this recipe! This entire meal takes around 20-30 minutes to prepare. The coriander seasonings give the shrimp a sweet taste and the drizzle gives it a hint of tang. It is perfect for a weeknight where you are looking to throw stuff together.
To start, you need to defrost your shrimp under cold running water. Once it is defrosted, butterfly and de-vein each shrimp. Place shrimp, juice from 1 lime, 1 Tbsp Ground Coriander seasoning, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp pepper in a bowl and mix together. Let shrimp marinate in this until you place them on the stove to cook.
Next, you will need to chop the fresh cilantro. Then, take 1 cup of Fage 0% Greek Yogurt, 2-3 Tbsp lime juice, 1 Tbsp honey, the chopped cilantro, and 1 tsp of salt and pepper and add into food processor. Mix until combined.
Place this in a bowl and refrigerate until you are ready to assemble the tacos.
Chop the romaine lettuce and dice the tomato. Keep some cilantro out to garnish your tacos with on top!
Heat your skillet to medium heat and spray with Canola oil PAM. Add shrimp and cook on each side until thoroughly cooked through.
Heat a separate skillet on low heat and place the small tortillas on the skillet. Heat each tortilla for 30 seconds on each side until warm.
Assemble the tacos by putting 5-6 shrimp, romaine lettuce, tomato, 2-3 pieces of cilantro and the cilantro-lime yogurt drizzle on top. If you’d like, you can top it off with shredded, low-fat mozzarella cheese.
- 1 lb shrimp butterfly the shrimp
- 2 each limes Can also use 100% lime juice
- 1 Tbsp ground Coriander
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt Fage 0% is best
- 1 package small tortillas
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 each tomato, diced
- 1 tsp salt and pepper Use with
- low-fat mozzarella cheese OPTIONAL
- Defrost frozen shrimp under cold running water. Butterfly shrimp and remove the black line.
- Marinate shrimp in juice from 1 lime, 1 Tbsp coriander seasoning,1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp pepper.
- Combine 1 cup Fage 0% Plain Greek Yogurt, 2-3 Tbsp lime juice, 1 Tbsp honey, 1/2 cup fresh, chopped cilantro, and 1 tsp each salt and pepper into food processor. Blend until combined. Place in bowl and put back in fridge.
- Chop 1 stalk romaine lettuce and dice 1 tomato.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and spray with a nonstick spray. Place shrimp on skillet and cook until done. You will need to flip the shrimp so each side is thoroughly cooked.
- Heat a separate skillet on low-medium heat. Place each tortilla on the skillet for 30 seconds on each side.
- Place 5-6 shrimp on each tortilla. Top with the chopped romaine lettuce, diced tomato, some fresh cilantro, and drizzle with the cilantro-lime yogurt sauce.
- OPTIONAL - Sprinkle shredded, low-fat mozzarella cheese on top.
- Serve and enjoy!