Breakfast is a really important meal for everyone! It gives you the energy you need to start your day off right. One way to quickly spend between $4-5 is by buying breakfast at a fast food place – for example McDonalds. Their Egg White Delight is around $4 just for the sandwich after tax. You can easily make those at home and have one for almost everyday of the week. To heat the sandwich, you just need to microwave it in a paper towel before you head to work. You’ll save lots of money this way and have a wonderful breakfast.
For this recipe, you need 100% whole wheat English muffins, they come in a a pack of 6. You also need 6 eggs, 6 slices of Swiss cheese, and 1 container of sliced turkey breast.
Back before I found this device (pictured below), my eggs would fall out of my sandwich, and I hated it! Then one day, I found this and it has saved me a lot of time. It also is the perfect size for an English muffin!
If you’re wondering what this is – it is a silicone ring that you can cook eggs or pancakes in – or anything really that you want in a round shape. There isn’t any particular brand that I found that is great. Honestly, I found this on sale for like $2 and was excited because it was so cheap. If you want to cook more than one egg at a time, you’ll need more than one of these or you can cook them one at a time and you’ll only need the one.
You need to heat a skillet to medium heat. Scramble your egg in a bowl and add pepper and a dash of salt. Put one egg in the silicone ring and let cook until the top is barely runny. Once you get to that consistency, remove the silicone ring and flip the egg over. You’ll need to do this 6 times to make 6 sandwiches.
Once all of the eggs are done, take the English muffins and cut them in half. Put two slices of turkey, then the egg, and a slice of Swiss cheese between the two pieces of English muffin. Put in a container and place in fridge.
When you are ready to eat the English muffin, simply remove it from the fridge and wrap in a paper towel. Microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute! Pair this with some fresh fruit, and you have the perfect breakfast.
- 6 each 100% Whole Wheat English Muffin
- 6 each eggs
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 container turkey breast, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a skillet to medium heat. Scramble an egg one at a time. Add one egg to the silicone ring and cook until the top of the egg is almost cooked through. Remove the silicone ring and flip the egg. Repeat 5 times.
- Cut the English Muffins in half.
- Between the two halves of the English Muffins, add 2 slices of turkey, then the egg, and top with Swiss Cheese.
- Put in a container and place in fridge. When ready to eat, wrap in a paper towel and heat for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Serve with fresh fruit!