Who doesn’t love tacos? Seriously, there is Taco Tuesday for a reason. While everybody loves tacos, it’s not going to make you feel warm on a cold, winter day like a soup does.
One of my favorite things to cook is any quick and easy recipes because I am always on the go. I don’t have time to slave over my stove for HOURS during the week.
For this taco soup, you will need:
1 lb ground beef
1 can tomato sauce
1 can petite diced tomatoes
1 can corn
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
- 1 lb ground meat 90/10 lean ground meat
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can corn
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- Put the black beans, kidney beans, corn, crushed tomatoes, and tomato sauce into a pot to cook. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower heat to medium and let simmer.
- Brown the ground meat in a large skillet. Once it's nice and brown with no more pink you need to drain the fat. I highly recommend using 90/10 ground meat.
- Once you drain the fat, add in the package's amount of water and taco seasoning. It's one pack per lb of ground beef. So since we are using 1 lb, you will need 1 package.
- Add the browned meat to the pot with the sauce and then stir it together! Let this cook for another 30-40 minutes over medium heat.
- Put the soup in a bowl, top with some cheese, lettuce, and freshly chopped tomatoes and you have taco soup.
Share this Recipe